Sunday, January 29, 2006

Albums Revisited #1:Tigermilk


"Tigermilk" was the album that introduced the world to the glory that is Belle and Sebastian. With its minimalist qualities and its shining lyrical qualities, I think we all knew they were on to something from the very beginning. Stuart Murdochs holds almost magical qualities as it is very delicate and leads to intimate listening sessions each and every time. I guess this is why we just keep coming back for more Belle and Sebastian. I also love that they are a seven-piece and still find their way into being a minimalist act and knowing when certain things are needed and when others are not. With the new album coming out here in a few days now, I thought it would be good to revisit what started this great band off.

My Wandering Days Are Over
Expectations

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home